Embossing and Debossing Die Applications
Embossing dies are used for pressing text or images into material. A few common embossed items are:
- Greeting cards
- License plates
- Candy or gift boxes
- Book covers
- Membership cards
Embossing and debossing uses a pair of male and female dies. Different relief is used on the male and the female die to allow subject material to be embossed between. Accurate Marking & Manufacturing produces embossing and debossing dies that can be used on a variety of materials including:
Embossing dies are commonly made of metals. Selecting the proper material requires consideration of the:
- Required durability or length of time the dies will be used
- The size or area of the object to be embossed
- The texture and type of material being embossed.
For example, magnesium can be a cost effective solution but it is best used on smaller, smoother areas. Compare this to a more durable metal such as copper, which is better suited to larger areas and long production runs.
Accurate Marking and Manufacturing produces dies from the following materials
- Magnesium. Cost effective when used on small production runs on smooth surfaces
- Copper. Great for longer production runs and heavily textured surfaces
- Brass. Excellent choice for dies that need both machining and hand sculpting. Brass can also be used when a project requires embossing and foil stamping combined
- Steel. Used to emboss metals and for durability when long production runs are vital
All dies are produced to customer specifications and quality inspected before shipping.